Book your tickets from now to see the shows of 2023 !Bookings recommended
Mortemer Abbey is looking for volunteers for its 2023 events!
Mortemer Abbey is looking for actors, dancers, dressmakers and technicians for the Festival of Tales and Legends on July 1 and 2, as well as for the Medieval Festivals to be held on August 14 and 5, 2023.
Discover the program of the 2023 cultural season!
Medieval Festivals, Fairy Tales & Legends Festival... The fantastic events that have made the reputation of Mortemer Abbey are back this summer! Dates, animations... The program for the 2023 season has finally been unveiled.
Join us on Facebook
Mortemer Abbey, in addition to its ruins, its museums and its idyllic setting, regularly offers cultural events. The 2022 season is no exception!
This year, two highlights await you: the Festival of Fantastic Tales & Legends, but also the now famous Medieval Festivals.
The 24th Medieval Festivals
Aspiring knights and minstrels, Mortemer Abbey invites you to the 24th edition of the Medieval Festivals on Sunday 14th and Monday 15th August 2022. For one weekend, plunge into the magical world of the Middle Ages and marvel at the period reconstructions.
The previous editions having met a great success, we strongly advise you to book your tickets now on our online ticketing service. You will save time at the entrance and you will avoid bad surprises!
Equestrian jousts, period costumes, medieval dances and fights, historical shows, camp and medieval market... Enjoy a weekend full of emotions during which time will seem to have stopped.
The following companies have answered the call of the Medieval Festivals:
- Equistoria : Specialized in themed shows, Equistoria offers you to attend equestrian jousts as you have never seen before! The horse and the man become one and have only one mission: to entertain you and plunge you into the heart of a universe rich in emotions and twists. Who do you think will win?
- La Mesnie des Chevaliers de Saint Georges et Saint Michel : As in previous years, you will have the opportunity to witness foot battles and sword duels that will put stars in the eyes of young and old alike. The Mesnie des Chevaliers de Saint Georges & Saint Michel is an association of enthusiasts who will be delighted to invite you into their knightly world!
- La Maison des Fers Croisés : Made up of a dozen companions, the Maison des Fers Croisés has been beating the countryside for many years to share its passion for the medieval world with you. Stroll through its camp and learn more about the trades and life in the time of the knights!
- Pastourel : For lovers of beautiful melodies and aspiring troubadours, Pastourel is an ensemble of musicians who will introduce you to the sweet songs of the medieval and Renaissance periods. Singing, citole, bagpipes, hurdy-gurdy, percussions, mandoloncello, oboe... Listen to sounds from another time!
- Le Bistrot du Bec Fin : If between two equestrian jousts or after having exchanged with our craftsmen, the hunger is felt, do not hesitate to come to restore you to the Bistrot du Bec Fin! If you prefer, you can also take your picnic with you and enjoy a well-deserved gourmet break in the Abbey.
- Our medieval market will allow you to meet many craftsmen and sellers of handicrafts. Jewelry, leather and chainmail objects, specialties... Enjoy the know-how and specialties of the period! You will of course be able to exchange with the craftsmen on their products and their techniques of manufacture.
Between two animations, do not hesitate to discover (or rediscover) the Abbey of Mortemer, classified as a historical monument. This place full of history will make you travel through the Ages thanks to its themed apartments, its Museum of Ghosts & Legends, the remains of its church, its cloister, its 15th century dovecote and its famous Dukes' Path, a path in the forest lined with 15 magnificent wooden statues of the Dukes of Normandy and the Kings of England.
Practical information :
- Dates: Sunday 14 and Monday 15 August 2022
- Times: beginning of the festivities at 10:30 am, end at 7 pm.
- Access : Mortemer Abbey - 27440 Lisors.
- Prices: 13€ for adults, 9€ for children up to 16 years old, free for children under 6 years old.
- Contact & reservation : firstname.lastname@example.org - 02 32 49 54 34 - reservation form.
- Parking : A large free parking is available.
- Catering : The Bistrot du Bec Fin is at your disposal on site.
- Our friends the dogs are welcome on a leash.
The 3rd Festival of Fantastic Tales & Legends
The Abbey of Mortemer invites you to the 3rd edition of the "Légendaires de Mortemer" on Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th July 2022!
What more authentic setting than the Abbey to discover a myriad of legends, epics, tales and historical shows? The 3rd Festival of Fantastic Tales and Legends will plunge young and old into the heart of a magical world that will take you out of time.
On the program for these two days: fascinating stories, diving into the heart of the past, craft market, reconstruction of medieval camps, meeting with knights, magical shows... Discover below some of the activities that await you!
- The Goblin Forge: Feed yourself with fascinating stories about the warriors of a fantastic universe with the Goblin Forge! Berkuu, a goblin with a strong character and Bükk, his grandson eager for adventure, invite you to an immersive show proposed by the Combin'Arts Company.
Saturday at 2pm and 6pm & Sunday at 11:30am and 2pm
- Gallitrappe, Korrigan storyteller: Don't be afraid ! Gallitrappe is a Korrigan, a creature straight from Breton folklore to transport you to a world where fairy tales really exist. A worthy representative of the Little People, Gallitrappe will delight you with his tales!
Saturday at 4pm & Sunday at 4:30pm, improvised strolls all weekend
- Roland du Mont Gambier: Lovers of melodies and passionate serenades, come and sing and dance with Roland du Mont Gambier ! This facetious minstrel, a romantic troubadour in his spare time, will make his adventures resound, but also some love stories...
On the road during the whole weekend
- Trollball, by the Compagnie des Terres Parallèles: What an unusual discipline ! A troll head, armed players, rugby, wells... You don't understand anything at all? Come on Saturday and Sunday to discover Trollball, a fantastic game that will surprise and amuse young and old alike!
Continuous (except for meals) Saturday and Sunday
- Camps, games, crafts & Viking fights: Dive into the Viking era thanks to the camps of the Association Vegvísir and the Baendr de l'Andelle! Around these tents, discover the myths and legends of the period, games, initiations and demonstrations of crafts but also Viking fights.
Fights Saturday at 11:30am, 3pm & 6:30pm - Sunday at 12pm & 4pm
- Association Cos and Play: The members of the association Cos and Play have answered present to expose their most beautiful creations! Watch them walk around the Abbey site during the whole weekend, take a picture with them and try your luck at the cosplay contest: many prizes are to be won!
Cosplay contest on Sunday from 2:30 pm
- Medieval market: medieval leather goods, lithotherapy, jewelry, books, decorative objects, local products, sweet treats, sculptures, esotericism, period objects, tarot, runes, tableware, steampunk, Victorian & fantasy worlds... Discover the know-how of the exhibitors of our medieval market!
Continuous all weekend long
Between two events, don't hesitate to discover (or rediscover) the Abbey of Mortemer, classified as a historical monument. This place full of history will make you travel through the Ages thanks to its two museums, the remains of its church, its cloister, its 15th century dovecote and its famous Dukes' Path, a path in the forest lined with 15 wooden statues of the Dukes of Normandy and the Kings of England.
- Dates : Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th July 2022.
- Times: Saturday from 11 am to 7 pm and Sunday from 11 am to 6 pm.
- Access: Mortemer Abbey - 27440 Lisors.
- Prices: 7€ for adults, 4€ for children under 12, people with reduced mobility and students.
- Contact: email@example.com - 02 32 49 54 34 - abbaye-de-mortemer.fr.
- Parking: a large free parking lot is available.
- Catering: you can have a picnic inside the abbey.